Caution and care
Our vehicles are very unique in many different ways. We do our best to keep them in great condition for our guests and expect our guests to treat them same way as we do. If you are renting one of our Volkswagens, please keep in mind they are AT LEAST 30 Years old, they are very rare cars and need attention.
We WILL NOT rent a vehicle that is not in good working conditions, all our vans are taken care of and we will always keep them nicely running for our rentals.
We ask ALL OF OUR GUESTS to kindly treat the our vans more carefully than a normal car, many parts of the vans are rare and sensitive when it comes to use, be gentle and keep them working nice so everyone can enjoy camping around paradise.
There is no millage fee for our rentals, however we do recommend our guests to give themselves, and the vans, a rest after long drives. Oahu is notorious for traffic on the roads, keep attention when you spend too much time in traffic or driving, our old ladies need a break sometimes.
Camping in Oahu
In Oahu, the state's camp grounds do NOT accommodate camper vans.
There are a few private campgrounds in the island that accommodate camper vans.
If you wish to get more information such as names, and directions, please contact us.
For our guests, we also provide a customized map with special recommendations around the island.
Reservations and Fees
All reservations will be charged a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of 10% or U$100 (whichever is higher) at the time of booking. The remaining amount will be charged to you card used in the reservation process 7 days prior to your check in. Please keep in mind that after 7 days we do not accept cancellations.
Hawaii General Exercise tax of 4.75 %
The state of Hawaii also charges a $3/day fee for rental cars. That fee is included as 2,5% tax on our rental prices.
*If you wish to pay your reservation at the time of pick up, please contact us.
Once your reservation is complete, we require you to agree with our 14 days cancelation policy which means we will process you a FULL REFUND (minus the reservation deposit) of your booking, if you cancel your trip more than 14 days prior your PICK UP / CHECK IN date. In case you chose to pay at your check in, no charges (other than the deposit) will be places if cancellation is done with more than 14 days in advance.
- A PARTIAL amount of your rental will be refunded (or charged to your card on file) if you notify us 8 DAYS prior your PICK UP / CHECK IN date.
- NO REFUNDS will be processed (FULL booking amoung will be charged to your card on file) if you cancel your trip 7 DAYS OR LESS prior your PICK UP / CHECK IN date.
We do offer a full comprehensive protection for drivers that are over 25 years old.
The insurance will cover up to $1M in liability with a $500 Deductible (which will be our guests security deposit).
In order to obtain the protection, guests must pass a quick DMV check online. Recent tickets or fines might disqualify the driver. If the driver does not meet the DMV requirements you will not have full coverage on the rental, let us know if you need assistance.
If you are not an American citizen, you can still apply for insurance with your international Driver's License.
**If you are under 25 or if you want to reject our insurance coverage
You are free to do so, although you will have to accept our terms, that any and all damages or loss caused to the rental vehicle and others will be at your cost and responsibility.
- We recommend our guests to hire insurance together with their rental.
**We do not have an extra fee for drivers that are under 25 years of age, however if you wish to insure the vehicle, the insurance fee is higher. Please contact us for more information.
- Hawaii Surf Campers is not responsible for any damages, inconveniences, or costs caused by changes in reservations (regardless of the reason). Furthermore, Hawaii Surf Campers is not responsible for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property from any equipment rented from Hawaii Surf Campers including but not limited to, the vehicle rental.
- An additional contract will be required to be signed in conjunction with these terms and conditions.
Substitutions / Breakdowns
As stated before, our vehicles are unique, therefore they need special attention. We do our best to provide all guests a fully and great working vehicle, and we WILL NOT rent a vehicle in poor conditions. However, unexpected situations may occur.
In case of a breakdown, or anything that compromises the operation of the vehicle, we will do our best to resolve the issue as soon as we can, if we can not solve it in a 8 Hour window, the following will apply:
- Substitution for similar or another vehicle, if other is available, at no extra cost and/or fees. (THIS WILL INCLUDE EXCHANGES BETWEEN FORDS AND VOLKSWAGEN IN OCCASIONS)
- If no substitute vehicle is available, a refund for the remaining days of your tip will be processed.
- ** We will not be held liable for additional expenses on accommodation and transport during the remaining days of your trip, however we will do our best to assist you finding a place to stay and a vehicle to drive, you can count on us!!
Hawaii Surf Campers